Whether you love them or hate them, selfie sticks are everywhere these days. With the growth of the smartphone camera and people’s desire to share moments across social media, theselfie stick has become a common sight throughout the photo-taking world. And truthfully, selfie sticks don’t have to be “all about you;” they are practical tools to be used for high- or low-angle shooting and can double as back scratchers!
But what differentiates one selfie stick from another? While selfie stick brands may look the same, the key difference between most brands and Selfie On A Stick’s selfie stick models is quality.
Selfie On A Stick offers three models, the Classic Selfie Stick; Wired Selfie Stick; and Wireless (Bluetooth) Selfie Stick.
Nothing about a selfie stick really matters if it won’t hold your smartphone or camera. Selfie On A Stick’s Classic and Wireless selfie stick offer the versatility to mount any compact camera with a ¼" screw. The clamp on both models is removableand the clamp will accommodate most large smartphones as it extends 3.4”
The Selfie On A Stick Wired Selfie Stick features a folding clamp which holds smartphones but will not accommodate a traditional digital camera. The Wired Selfie Stick features a 3mm jack which plugs into your phone’s headphone jack to trigger the camera shutter when you click the button on the stick to take the photo. Customers love how easy the Wired Selfie Stick is to use and the fact that there are no batteries so no charging is required.
The Wireless Selfie Stick works by pairing the stick with your phone using the Bluetooth connection. Once you pair the selfie stick with your iOS or Android phone, you can click the button on the stick to take the picture. The Wireless Selfie Stick stays charged for about 100 hours and comes with a USB charging cord for easy charging between photo shoots.
The Classic Selfie Stick simply holds your phone so that you simply set your countdown timer, or use gesture or voice control features to take the picture.
Selfie On A Stick also sells a Bluetooth Remote Camera Shutter that is a great accessory for the Classic Selfie Stick. Simply pair the remote using Bluetooth with iOS and Android devices. Once paired, users can click the remote to snap their pictures, from up to thirty feet away.
How to use a Classic Selfie Stick:
1. Place your iOS or Android smartphone in to the spring loaded clamp
2. Set the Count Down timer in your camera
3. Extend your Selfie On A Stick selfie stick and smile
How to use a Wired Selfie Stick
For iOS 5.1+ smartphones and iPod Touch users:
1. Place device in the clamp and connect the cable into the headphone jack
2. Press the Selfie On A Stick button to take your picture!
For Android 4.3+ smartphone
If your camera zooms when you click the stick, The default Android camera “Volume Key” settings may need to be changed to enable the Selfie On A Stick’s photo button. Refer to your device’s owner’s manual for device specific instructions if different from below:
1. Open the camera app on your Android, and enter “Settings” by pressing the gear symbol
2. Find and Select the “Volume Key Setting” icon
3. Change the “Volume Key Setting” to “Camera Key”
4. Place device in the clamp and connect the cable into the headphone jack
5. Press the Selfie On A Stick button to take your picture!
How to Use a Wireless (Bluetooth) Selfie Stick
1. Turn on the Selfie On A Stick Bluetooth At the base of the stick
2. Using Bluetooth settings, pair your iOS or Android smartphone with the Selfie On A Stick Bluetooth (this can take up to 1-2 minutes the first time)
3. Place your iOS or Android smartphone into the clamp and select your camera application
4. Extend your Selfie On A Stick Bluetooth
5. Smile and press the button on your Selfie On A Stick to snap your photos
6. Selfie On A Stick Bluetooth stays charged for approximately 100 hours. Simply plug the USB charging cable into the selfie stick and connect to a USB power supply